Sunday, March 14, 2010

Psalm 45



Gird Your sword upon Your thigh, O Mighty One, with Your glory and Your majesty.




Hebrews 1:8-9 attribute Psalm 45:6 to Jesus. But I want to share about the power of verse 3.

When I was a kid I had several instances where I was left alone and was bullied. For some reason, I was targeted by two brothers called the Mason’s. They lived on the corner near my school and I would have to walk by their house.

I would take different paths home through back yards. When they chased me I would run until I could not breathe. There were times when I was playing and the bullies saw me and started after me. To this day I have no idea what I did to be marked for their morbid pleasure. I was never really hurt, just pushed around and taunted. The intent was to terrify, and it worked! 


One day I told my Dad and we went to the bully’s house. I never would have done that by myself. It did not help, they continued until I moved away, but that time I went to the door reminds me of this verse. God the Father is telling Jesus to gird His sword. With the knowledge that God is by our side, with all power, the taunting of a bully fails to terrify.

Will I get scared again? Possibly. But I can rest in the knowledge that He never leaves me or forsakes (Hebrews 13:5) me and He puts his Angels about me (Psalm 34:7).

We serve an Awesome God!

PS- I am thankful for those events, although Satan meant to hurt, those times developed compassion in ways reading about it could not do.

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment