Saturday, June 13, 2009

Now that I have this down, I got some things I want to write.

Hi Family. Hope all is well. I am actually doing this Blog/BLOG/blog? because one of my daughters, I forgot which one, made a comment on facebook that no one is blogging anymore.
So... I will try.

Content:
As the title indicates, this will be random, but hopefully not stupid. Humorous, but not silly. Okay, that will be up to the reader.

Here goes...

It was a dark and stormy night....

Wait, that has been done already.

Have you ever looked at a litter of puppies? 5-10 baby dogs just waiting to eat a pair of shoes. Why do they develop as they do? One grows up strong, dominant, while another wets when looked at cross eyed. Most just get along and are average pups. But the question in my head is, what is the driving force in the make up of the litter? I have no answers, and I picked dogs because we can't ask them. Not even Caesar Milan, aka "The Dog Whisperer", could tell me the causal factoring.

It just makes me wonder that the mental makeup of a dog is woven before the dog is even born. It's temperament completed before it comes out of momma, just like it's color, DNA structure for how big it will grow to be, how susceptible to disease it will is, etc.

External factors will adjust the final outcome. Poor food will increase sickness, being beaten will destroy it's psyche. (Have you ever spelled a word so bad that not even spell check can figure out what your trying to write? Phsyche was just that word for me. It took me a few minutes to find out how to spell that- That is the Chicago School system delivering it's best!!)

Why am I thinking about this? I am in Canada away from most duties I have done for 20 years. I have no house to take care of, other than a lawn mow now and then, clean my dishes and vacuum once a week, so I have had time to ponder. And ponder I have.

When close to something for so long, it becomes normal. Looking outside at everyone wondering why they are not like I am is interesting. I have been in church for most of my adult life. I became a Jesus follower when I was 19. In these 27 years I have lead bible studies, witnessed, went on mission trips, taught in Israel, and even pastored a church. Looking outward I wonder why many do not follow after God.

In 27 years of study I have concluded that there is only one God and He presents himself to us in Nature, in others, and in His Word. He is always present and is qualified to say that He loves us to death. But, although I will go to my grave declaring this truth and searching it out, I must say I have backed away from the fervor I had 27 years ago.

Being away from fellowship and not being tied into a church I am watching this world and seeing what is does on a Sunday. Wow, it is crazy how many people could care less about God.

Why?

Could some of it have something to do with the dogs?

Why is one child obedient, another a renegade? Talk to parents, they will say they did most things the same, yet one child is vastly different then the other. My own siblings are no different. Not going into detail, but I am vastly different than my brother Duane. Duane is bold, strong jawed, can see so much horror and survives. I watch a Hallmark commercial and I tear up. Wuz up wit dat? I did not want to be a baby?

Could it be, like the puppies, certain parts of my mental and emotional self was developed before I ever had any say in it?

That is all. I think I will go down to the pet store and look at dogs that remind me of Mindi. All this talk of puppies....

No comments:

Post a Comment