Friday, April 16, 2010

1 Cor 15:45

“The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.


Controversial Point- When Adam sinned, did he commit cosmic treason, or did he save his wife?

We know that both sinned, Eve via deception, Adam via choice. But, Paul tells us that Jesus was a type of Adam! What was meant by that? Could it be that Adam understood the redemptive plan and knew that there was no other way?

I have always been told that Adam sinned against God as a willful act of disobedience; willfully rebellion. I don't by it. Don't get me wrong, the end result is exactly the same: the immediate change of the human condition from saint to sinner separated from God and dead spiritually. 


Adams response, now tainted with sin set the stage for how most of us respond when caught in our own sin.... "It's not my fault!" It was your fault God.

Why do I think this is more than just an interesting thought? Because the writer called Jesus a type of Adam, putting the time between Adam and Jesus as bookend event: Saint, to sinner, to Saint again. Through the obedience of the Son, those who believe are saved!

Adam, who was alive, died spiritually to save his bride who was deceived.

Jesus, who was dead, rose to life to save His bride and lead her in the truth once again.

Makes me thankful God loves me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment