Thursday, March 25, 2010

1 John 5:13


I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life…

Have you ever wondered why some of the books of the Bible have been written? John plainly states that he wrote his letter to the church to assure them that there is no way they could ever lose what they were given in Christ. Early in Church history the thought started that if you get out of line, make mistakes, or don’t follow the Law that God will forsake you and leave you and send you to hell; you just won’t know until you get there. Sound Familiar?  Church politics haven’t changed much in 2000 years, eh?

Last night in church the pastor shared many verses in the psalms that present God as our REFUGE, a place where we hide ourselves. He protects us in all things. Life can be tough. I know that many of the struggles I face today were brought upon myself by my own dumb choices. I am so glad that even though I have done much of this to myself, I have also been protected by God from my own disasters. I have a refuge in Him that I have eternal life. When doubts arise, I can look to the words in the Bible and find strength. Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment